miercuri, 4 septembrie 2019

Reflection time!



I have to admit that this time, I had to resort to my calendar and photo gallery to recap everything that happened in these last 2 months. I had the impression that it was too much to be all during this period. But no, also for my surprise, all happen since last time I wrote.
Scheduled in my calendar were Paraglider, School summer activities, a reminder for my cat annual vaccine (and yes, she didn´t love it but it was taken care of), MythBusters events, Electric Castle Festival, Youth Exchange, more days of school summer activities, several cultural events, Volu-HUB workshop and a Road-trip in Romania. And a lot more of daily plans happen that didn’t even get to the calendar. So, I will try to resume all of this. Summer was a time in which we organized and participated in a lot of different activities, events and projects. 


 To start, we had the opportunity to carry on our own activities in the villages during the summer break and in this different environment of playing, learning and having fun at the same time, I believe we had a positive impact on the children and that the time spent was with a good mood, energy and enthusiasm.
Furthermore, we organized the events of “MythBusters in Baia Mare” which the preparation of some “do-it-at-home” science experience made the scientist in me excited and, where, once more, the children taught me something like how to make things even more versatile and fun with every demonstration that evolved food ingredients becoming first a food tasting. As a matter of fact, with each activity, we discovered new ways of getting, sharing and passing the knowledge. Meanwhile, we also participated in a Youth Exchange, like Théo already shared, and in Volu-HUB Workshop by Yellow Shirts where the reflections and sharing about volunteering contributed to my own thoughts of the next possible steps in the volunteering area.

Adăugați o legendă
Besides, on a personal level, I had a lot of new experiences being that some weren’t exactly wished before Romania but wanted after realizing the possibility to do it and they were really enjoyable such as paragliding, camping and music festival in Romania. During these last few days, it was time to say goodbye to Théo and also, other volunteers from different organizations with their’ projects ending or coming to an end very soon. All of them marked my experience in Romania and I’m grateful that I shared those moments with them.  

Goodbyes are uncomfortable but it is an opportunity to validate the impact people and the shared experiences and moments had in our lives and transform this “goodbye” in a “see you”. This moment of change comes along with the beginning of the school year and with that the return to a similar previous routine with a new perspective and more acquired experience.

I realize how many things I´ve done so far but also all that I still want to do.

Tânia Alves - volunteerin the project BCV - Building communities through volunteering - funded by ERASMUS +

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu