luni, 2 septembrie 2019

La revedere, Baia Mare!

Yes, I am in Baia Mare for 8 months now and it is the end of my volunteer project. During these 8 months, I did and saw so many things I didn't expect before I came here! But for me, the best part of erasmus+ volunteering is meeting new people from all over Europe and living abroad. This is a great opportunity to discover Europe. When I arrived, I didn't imagine that I would have to speak so much English. I lived most of my EVS in an apartment of 8 people. None of my roommates spoke my mother tongue until the last month. The diversity of nationalities of the volunteers in my apartment and in Baia Mare has helped me a lot to learn English. I came with a very low level of English and I have progressed in this language with foreigners, like myself. It's easier it seems to me and it's also fun to be able to practice with different accents. Before coming here, I knew nothing about Romania and I made many discoveries. I will keep very good memories of my EVS in Romania and if I had to do it again, I would do it.

 Maybe for some people Romania is not the dream destination, but they underestimate this country so much! It was the perfect country for me, to change my mind about the world and to be more curious. If you want to do an EVS, my advice is to choose a project rather than a country. For me too, Romania didn't look so incredible before coming and I was very pleasantly surprised. I came here because I wanted to do a project in education and it was incredible to evolve in an environment so different from my daily life, my habits. In fact, it doesn't matter your host country, because you will always have an enriching experience. But if you want to test your performances, if you want authenticity, if you want to meet people, if you are looking for a beautiful place to live, if you like festive atmospheres... then don't hesitate, come to Romania!
Multumesc pentru tot !
Theo Moya - volunteer
 in the project BCV - Building communities through volunteering - funded by ERASMUS +

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu