vineri, 9 aprilie 2021

I feel at home!

 

We started this month with 2 weeks of quarantine because Gönül had the Covid. These 2 weeks stuck in the apartment seemed long, the evenings and weekends seemed endless. We continued our online work with the children and teenagers. Once we were free, we started our awareness campaign on the value of water. We started our presentations on March 22, the World Water Day. We made many presentations for 2 weeks. We tried to make young people aware of the importance of water and its pollution which is harmful to the planet. Being able to meet many students from Baia Mare and the surroundings was for me an enriching experience even if sometimes the online meetings are not always easy, the students were involved and curious during this awareness campaign.


During this campaign we also had the opportunity to clean the banks of Lake Firiza, together with other volunteers from other associations on Baia Mare. It was a first time for me to do a 1-hour presentation only in English, this is one of the reasons why I joined the volunteer program, to be able to go beyond my limits and prove to myself that I can do certain things.

I noticed that a certain routine had settled in, I have my bearings in my work and in the city, when I walk in the street, I even catch myself forgetting that I am in Romania!

Manon Bouquet - volunteer in the project Solidarity for a Better Future (S4BF) funded by European Solidarity Corps

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu