vineri, 31 august 2018

A month in EVS


Wow has it been already one month? I can barely remember the moment I went to the airport and said goodbye to my parents, was the same moment I met Belen, the other Spanish participant that was going to be my partner on the project, since then, a lot of things happened, meeting new people, amazing moments and cultural shocks, lots  of ``la revedere´´ & welcome parties, a bittersweet mix of feelings and experiences.
Doesn’t matter how much you research about the place where you are going, or even if you don´t do research at all (as me), because the EVS experience is going to be different for everyone.
Let´s be honest, there will be moments when you will feel homesick and you will miss your family & friends and you just want to go back home, but you will also find yourself thought this experience.
You will arrive to a new world, with a completely different language, food, culture, history, background & reality!
But you will find the kindest souls willing to help you even when you don´t know a single word in their language and you are completely lost, you may receive a hug from a kid that you met half an hour ago and that cannot even pronounce your name properly and you will think `` all of this was worthy´´ .




Even though I have done a lot of international activities so far, EVS is different, I’m not a crazy Erasmus student anymore, I´m not a tourist traveler for two weeks. I´m someone living here to make the difference, and that changes everything.
And, during this month here I have learned a lot about Romania and I have broken a lot of stereotypes that I´m willing to go back to my country to share.
By the way, my name is Esther and I´m a biology student from Spain. I came here to clarify what I wanted to do with my life after university and well, I don´t know yet. But I’m glad that I had the chance to see the wonderful nature that this country has and working in the project of Sustainability & Development II with Greentin I reinforced the idea that I want to be in the field of raising awareness.
In the rural areas we work I can perceive the power that education has in the new generations, and working with non-formal education and youth-teaching-youth made me realize how important is that we take an active role in the society and we motivate the others to do their best so we can all contribute to have an impact that actually promotes the sustainable development of the human populations.
I feel grateful for having this opportunity to help myself by helping the others and I´m really looking forward to seeing how are the next months going to be. More adventures, new friends and self-development are next door ready to be discovered.
So, I really want to encourage all of you to be part of an experience like this and be the change you want to see in the world.
Mutsumesc,
Esther Pérez - EVS volunteer

Project – Volunteering&Sustainable Development II – Erasmus+

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu