luni, 11 ianuarie 2021

This was my goal: to get out of my comfort zone

 

When I learned that I was taken on a volunteer mission in Romania, I was first very happy and then worried about going to a country I did not know at all. This was my goal: to get out of my comfort zone, to discover new people, cultures, new landscapes. When I landed in Cluj, I felt serene, arriving in Baia Mare everyone was very welcoming, I was able to meet other very nice volunteers too.

It has been 1 month now that I've been here, I could meet the children during the online classes, (because of the Covid the schools are closed) we talked about Christmas and the different traditions during the end of the year celebrations. I cannot wait for the schools to reopen so I can meet the children.

We were very well surrounded for the end of the year celebrations, we discovered traditional Romanian dishes, they were delicious!

I had the opportunity to discover different cities during my week of vacations after Christmas, we travelled by train with Maria (a Spanish volunteer from the same project as me), it was a fantastic trip, we had a lot of fun, we enjoyed the architecture, the colourful monuments, and the hospitality of the people.

Manon Bouquet - volunteer in the project Solidarity for a Better Future (S4BF) funded by European Solidarity Corps

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu