marți, 8 octombrie 2019

Time flies


Time flies! I already have been here for two months! When I first arrived in Baia Mare, I was so nervous. However, when I got yellow house, I realized that there was nothing to be nervous about. The other volunteers welcomed me very nicely and I had the feeling that everything was gonna be alright. The day after I have arrived, we had some activities in library with the children from Foster house. When you put a smile on child's face, you become the happiest person in the world. This is what I felt in the second day. Those smiles and warm hugs took my tiredness away and I had the feeling that I was ready for this volunteering experience for 10 months.
In the second week, we went to rural school which was in Asuaju de Sus. The age of students in the school was between 7 and 13. Because it was still summer holiday, we had some outdoor activities. Taught them how to make a bird from origami, played games and at the end put the smile on their 
faces, with so many hugs of course
After a week, we joint VoluHub. VoluHub was an event that Yellow Shirts Association has organized. 


It gives us, the volunteers, the basics of volunteering and how to spend our times in Romania in a better and efficient way. We were 20 international and local volunteers and the atmosphere was really good. I had the chance to meet new volunteers and locals as well from Baia Mare. My friends and I have planed this trip to Constanta. We rent a car and our journey has started. For the whole week we have seen so many places in Romania. Alba Iulia, Transfagarasan road, Curtea de Arges and as the final destination point: Constanta. It was really nice and sunny week.
Houshaiba and I had to attend the on arrival training at the end of September. It was held in Bucharest. Meeting new people around the world and Romania, having different cultures and Romanian culture, developing volunteering skills with the training and partying in Bucharest nights were what we have done so far in that week.
After the training, it was difficult to adapt in Baia Mare. Then the school week has started. We were going to rural schools twice a week, teaching children English and French, civic education and playing games. I realized that I have missed the feeling of being with kids when I was away. Volunteerism is a dialectical relationship and transforms while interacting on both sides. I believe that we have so many things to learn from children as well as we teach them.

Gul Ecem Camvolunteer
 in the project BCV - Building communities through volunteering - funded by ERASMUS +

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu