luni, 23 august 2021

Midsummer

 


Another great month is passed. The time here goes so fast. I remember my first day here like yesterday. Only problem is the heat. It is so hot. We go to dog shelter twice a week and sometimes heat causing us some problems. One time the caregiver had to send us home because of the heat. Even though heat is bothering us, we are still enjoying time we spent with the dogs. Every time, we go there, we are getting closer with the dogs. When you get closer with a dog, it loves you more and more. Honestly, I prefer to be loved by dogs than people any day. The activities with the dogs are therapeutic. Also, some of the dogs are adopted this month. Mostly I am happy about it, but sometimes I am missing them.


Since we are in the summer, schools are not open anymore. But the students from the high school kept in touch with me. Sometimes we are meeting and eating a lunch or dinner. They make me feel appreciated.  We are talking about almost anything. I like their ideas. Often, they are so raw, but sometimes they are original. They manage to give me perspective every time we get together. Also, they are helping me when I have questions about the city or Romanian people. They are giving me useful tips to spend my time in an efficient way.

My roommate Marco left. I miss him. He was a chill dude. Some of the activities were not as funny as before. I felt a bit lonely. Because he was here when I first got here so I coded our home in my brain with him. Now that he left, it kind of makes me feel blue.  Of course, I get used to his departure. Like I get used to the bad smell of dog shelter. Alongside Marco, there are other friends of mine that are volunteers from other organizations. Some of them also leave which made me a bit sad. I think I need to accept the fact that we are here for a short period of time, and we need to do our best to enjoy our surroundings and contribute to the society in any way.


Gokay Keksin - volunteer in the project Happy Volunteering - financed by  European Solidarity Corps

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu