duminică, 13 iunie 2021

This month went by again at an incredible speed

 


This month went by again at an incredible speed! I had the opportunity to have 1 week of vacation, so I went alone to Bucharest. This week was incredible, I met lovely, interesting, and surprising people! The city is huge, very pretty, the architecture is different from Baia Mare. Traveling alone allowed me to go beyond the limits of my comfort zone, to go on an adventure without plans, without great expectations, I was pleasantly surprised! We were finally able to go to school and high school to do activities in English, the preparation of the activities is always interesting, and having to adapt to the students during the activities is surprising. Interacting with the students in "real life" makes my project meaningful, even though the online activities are interesting being able to go into the classrooms and talk to the students is a great opportunity during this pandemic!


We are also going to a dog shelter, helping the shelter owner with cleaning, socializing with the dogs. I really like dogs and having this chance to go spend time with them makes me happy.

With Maria we had the opportunity to volunteer for the Maramures Rally for a weekend, it was a great experience, we could discover the way of car rallies, discover how it worked but also be integrated in the Romanian volunteers even if we do not speak the language.

This weekend reinforced my idea that Romanians are very welcoming, warm, and willing to help others even if the language barrier is present!

It has already been 6 months since I arrived in Romania, I still have 4 months left and I intend to enjoy it!


Manon Bouguet - volunteer in the project Solidarity for a Better Future - supported by European Solidarity Corps

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu