vineri, 13 martie 2020

Refreshing and thinking more about yourself time – the Midterm Evaluation!


When we heard that other volunteers went to Bucharest, instead of Brasov; we were quite sad. Then when the place of the evaluation was announced, we were quite happy and feeling lucky. It will be held in a lovely historical city in Romania, Sinaia. We got on the way with the night train that goes through Bucharest. I got on the train with all the experiences and thoughts that I have been through in these 7 months in Romania, and cannot say that I was well motivated. Despite this, I was very demotivated. But I had the feeling that everything would be good, and I could have this time for myself and refresh again.


When we arrived at the hotel, there was no one in the lobby; then heard some snoring that coming from inside of the lobby. We didn’t want to disturb the guy 05:00 in the morning. So I just waited for two more hours. He woke up and gave us our rooms and our refreshing process has been started. My Tunisian friend Houdhaiba and I started to visit this spectacular city. Of course, found a Turkish place for the lunch, started to get away from Baia Mare, visited spectacular Peles Castle and started to get into this fairytale called Sinaia.


During the dinner, meeting with old friends from OAT felt nice, and happy. We had a chance to catch up all the time that we haven’t seen each other. The next day, the evaluation has started. In the beginning, I was a little bit scared; I didn’t want to face my emotions that I was supposed to leave back in Baia Mare. However, with the environment of the gothic lecture room, meeting with new volunteers around Romania and listening to their experiences and seeing them facing their problems encouraged me to face as well. Talking with volunteers that were not from my environment for the last 7 months and letting them get to know me better, made me feel like I was not the only one who had difficult experiences. Day by day, I realized it wasn’t too scary and difficult. People come and pass through our lives, and become memories that we remember only when we see them on pictures. When you have a chance to see the frame from outside, you understand that you are the most important one for yourself. Because sometimes, no matter how hard you work, if a person doesn’t want you to reach him/her, you just can’t. After realizing the frame of the big picture, I decided to admit. Even though admitting is a hard process, it is important to keep moving forward.
In every session of Midterm Evaluation, I had a chance to discover and understand myself more, so it definitely was different than OAT. It was more about us, and our role in this ‘life in 10 months’ experience. During the last session, they want us to see ourselves at the end of our projects and make a mental map of how to reach those goals. I still have 3 more months in Baia Mare, the place I called home for the last 7 months and I will do my best to reach these goals. With more motivation, happiness and discovering myself.

Gul Ecem Cam – volunteer  in the project BCV - Building communities through volunteering - funded by ERASMUS +

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu